Over the last few years, projectors have come a long way in terms of the number of models being churned out and the technological innovation they’ve been able to harness. Nowadays, projectors can handle any type of content you plan on throwing at them – be it games, movies, documents, photos, and the like. It should be noted that LED projectors these days not only come in 720P resolutions but also WXGA (800P), Full HD (1080p), and 4K (2160P) resolutions. Moreover, with the right features, a projector can easily replace your good old television. So, without further ado, let’s jump on the list right away.
8 Best Projectors In India 2020
1. Everycom X7 Projector
You’d be happy to know that this projector is the 2019 updated version of the original and some much-needed features. For starters, the LED lamp has been upgraded so that it can offer improved color accuracy and better brightness. Moreover, it comes with all the major connectivity options, such as VGA, HDMI, USB, SD Card, AV, and so on. The device can project up to 120 inches of display size and comes with in-built speakers. Apart from that, the resolution provided is 1080P or full HD, making it great for content consumption. Plus, you also get a one year warranty with the same.
- Comes with multiple connectivity options.
- Display resolution is full HD.
- Can project up to 120 inches screen size.
- No support for WIFI.
2. Epson SVGA Projector
Apart from having a high brightness rating of almost 3300 lumens, it comes with an HDMI port for faster connectivity. Other connectivity options include USB and VGA. The resolution of the projector is capped at SVGA (600P), and the device has a contrast rating of 15,000:1. It should be known that the manufacturer has rated the projector lamp to last around 10,000 hours when running in eco-mode. Besides, it also comes with a horizontal keystone slider. The horizontal slider will help you make screen adjustments accurately and quickly, on-the-go.
- The projector lamp is rated at 10,000 hours.
- Brightness rating of 3300 lumens.
- Easy to use.
- Output resolution could have been better.
3. Borsso Earth Projector
One of the most terrific features you’re going to love about this projector is its overall high-quality projector lamp, which has a 4500 lumens rating. Moreover, the display size has been rated at 200 inches as well. Apart from that, the offered native resolution is 1280×800, while the maximum supported resolution is 1920×1080. The projector has been termed ‘HD Ready’ and comes with many connectivity options, such as USB, HDMI, AV, and VGA. You also get a 3.5 mm audio adapter port and a one year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Brightness rating of 4500 lumens.
- Maximum resolution of 1080P.
- Lots of connectivity options.
- Sound quality could have been better.
4. Anker Portable Projector
In case you’re on the lookout for a tabletop presenterthat comes with wireless capabilities, this should be your pick. It has a perfect picture, contrast, and color reproduction and can display up to 100 inches in overall screen size. Besides, you don’t have to worry about the sound quality since it comes with a 360-degree surrounding speaker so that that sound can be pumped out in every direction. Apart from that, the device is highly portable, and you can take it with you anywhere you want since it only weighs 15 ounces. The device runs on Android 7.1 and supports all major smartphone apps such as YouTube and Netflix.
- Has a 360-degree sound system.
- Comes preloaded with Android 7.1.
- Highly lightweight and portable.
- Support for larger screens than 100 inches would have been preferred.
5. Myra TouYinGer X7 Projector
Before you plan on purchasing this projector, you should know that the supported screen size for projection is between 37 and 130 inches. The provided optical resolution is capped at 800×600, while the device can support up to 1080P playback. The aspect ratio of the screen can either be selected at 16:9 or 4:3. Apart from that, the brightness rating is at 1800 lumens, and it supports passive 3D technology. The device is great for both office and home usage and supports USB devices such as flash drives, smartphones, and hard disks.
- Supports passive 3D.
- Comes with support for USB devices.
- The rated screen size is up to 130 inches.
- The projector lamp is only rated at 1800 lumens.
6. BenQ SVGA Projector
Finding a good projector is always a difficult job to accomplish. But, BenQ makes it easy for you with this feature-packed device that comes with a 3600 lumen rated projector lamp. The brightness of the lamp has been measured at 15000:1, and it comes with dual connectivity options so that data can be transferred faster. This is the reason why dual HDMI ports are provided. Apart from that, you also get access to an Infographic Mode that quickly highlights text and graphics in detail. Moreover, the device is straightforward to set up, and the projector lamp saves up to almost 70 percent of electrical energy.
- Has a 3600 lumen rated lamp.
- The contrast ratio is 15000:1.
- Dual HDMI ports are provided.
- No support for USB devices.
7. Epson Home Projector
If you’re looking for ideal projectors for conference rooms, you cannot go wrong with this device. The device can showcase up to 300-inch screen size, and the projector lamp has a rating of 3100 lumens. The output resolution has been rated at 1080P, and the contrast ratio is 15000:1. Besides, you get access to two HDMI ports and one MHL port as well. The device also comes with RCA connectors, so that composite video and audio could be obtained. The built-in speakers are rated at two watts, and it has a split-screen view too.
- Comes with two HDMI and one MHL port.
- The maximum resolution is 1080P.
- The supported display screen size is 300 inches.
- In-built speakers are only rated at two watts.
8. Wzatco Projector
One of the highly appreciative features of this device is that it comes with a native output resolution of 1080P. Aside from that, the contrast ratio has been rated at 5000:1 ratio, and the manufacturer claims the picture quality to be highly accurate as well. Besides, you also get access to a 4D Keystone correction technology and a one-year warranty for the product. Talking about connectivity, you get options for USB, VGA, HDMI, Bluetooth, and WIFI. The setup procedure is easy, and the device has dual ten-watt speakers built-in. Moreover, the projector lamp has been rated at 5500 lumens and comes preloaded with Android 6.0.
- The projector lamp is rated at 5500 lumens.
- Lots of connectivity options.
- Support for Android 6.0.
- Only one year of manufacturer warranty.
Things To Consider While Buying Projectors
- Brightness And Contrast – It should be noted that brightness and contrast plays a significant role in determining whether the projector is powerful enough for usage. Typically, contrast is measured in ratios, such as 5000:1 or 10000:1, while brightness is measured in lumens. Higher the lumen and contrast figures better will be the overall picture quality.
- Throw Distance – Throw distance is the ratio between distance (D) between the projector & its screen and the overall width (W) of the image that is being projected. For instance, if the distance is 2 feet, and the width is 1 foot, then the D/W ratio would be 2/1 or 2.0. It’s suggested to have a 2.0 ratio for better performance and results.
- Resolution – Projectors come in multiple resolution formats, from 720P to 4K. You should select the type of resolution that fits your budget and needs. Higher the resolution, the crisper will be the image. For example, 1080P will be sharper than 720P.
- Wall or Screen – Projector screens should always be the preferred option because of their reflective properties tailored for their usage. An image projected on a wall will not be as sharp & bright if the same image is projected on a screen. Moreover, walls need to be white to be able to use them in the first place.
- Audio And 3D Technology – It’s suggested that you look for a projector with in-built speakers, preferably dual speakers. Furthermore, any addition of 360-degree audio and 3D picture quality features would be a bonus. This is because 3D is no longer an industry-leading feature, so spending more on the same is not recommended.
Different Types Of Projectors
There are currently two main types of projectors:
- DLP Projectors – DLP or Digital Light Processing projectors use microscopic mirrors to tilt the source of light towards the projector screen. These projectors can either come in a single or three-chip variant and are perfect for conference & classrooms.
- LCD Projectors – LCD or Liquid Crystal Display projectors use the same LCD technology that has been used in monitors and televisions for more than a decade now. The projectors consist of LCD panels that cast the required images using the three primary colors – red, green, and blue.
Advantages Of Having Home Projectors
- Customizability – The overall display output size or screen size can be customized to your liking. You can either choose to output a 40-inch projector screen or a 100 inch.
- Eye Comfortness – When it comes to your eyes’ comforts, projectors tend to have the upper hand over televisions. This is because projectors can output larger sized pictures that are easy to see or read.
- Portability – Due to their sheer compact size and shape, projectors can be carried around anywhere. You can set it up in your living room or take it with you at a friend’s house.
- Overall Value – Compared to purchasing a television or a monitor, a projector is a very cost-effective tool in regards to the features it provides.
Given all the advantages mentioned above for projectors, it truly makes sense for anyone to consider buying the same. Projectors are great for people who want more dynamism in their lives and want the best media consumption tool. Moreover, projectors are perfect to be used for educational or business purposes. With the recent crop of technologically advanced projectors available at affordable prices, there should be no excuse for not getting one.