Whey protein powders are extremely popular among bodybuilders, athletes, sports personalities, gym trainers and also among people who are willing to build and sculpt their bodies. Whey protein is consumed primarily to support muscle growth, but there are plenty of other benefits as well.
Often marketed as a dietary protein, whey protein consists of a mixture of proteins derived from whey and milk-based products. Whey protein supplies all the 9 vital amino acids and is quickly absorbed by the body. The absorption time is minimum compared to other forms of protein which is essential to build up the broken muscle tissues after a heavy workout. In this read, we have reviewed some of the best whey protein powders for men and their benefits.
Why Whey Protein?
There are plenty of protein powders like pea protein, soy protein and casein available in the market. However, whey protein is still the most widely preferred protein supplement. This is because compared to the other protein powders whey protein efficiently preserves lean muscles and aids in weight loss. Whey is a great source of high-quality protein and has a high nutritional value. When the muscle mass declines with age, whey protein can be consumed for promoting muscle growth and prevent fat gain.
Especially for fitness enthusiasts, whey protein works as a wholesome solution to achieve the desired body and enrich the overall health. Also, whey protein is excellent for reducing blood cholesterol, to enhance the body’s natural antioxidant defence, to lower blood pressure and improve muscle growth. So if you are about to get on a diet or are willing to transform your body, here are the 10 best whey protein powders for men that will help you achieve your goals.
10 Best Whey Protein Powders for Men
1. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
This double rich chocolate flavoured protein powder will make your protein smoothies taste delicious. One serving of this protein powder has protein as the primary ingredients and has just 1 gram of fat and sugar. Plus, it also has 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving to promote muscle building.
- Consists of whey protein isolate as the primary ingredient
- Consists of more than 5 grams naturally occurring chain amino acids
- Enriched with glutamine and glutamic acid
- Delicious chocolate flavoured protein powder to enhance taste.
- Does not dissolve properly in liquids
People who read this also like : 10 Health Benefits of Whey Protein Powders
2. MuscleBlaze Whey Energy
Whey protein is enriched with 9 amino acids, and consists of leucine which is ideal for building and strengthening the muscles and this protein powder is filled with these amino acids. The protein powder consists of quickly absorbing blend of protein and essential vitamins and minerals to reduce fatigue and fight tiredness after workouts.
- Consists of 4.56g BCAAs in each serving to improve recovery
- Comes with the goodness of medium-chain triglycerides to improve metabolism
- Fortified with 5 minerals and 13 vitamins
- Pure whey-based protein (20g) to boost muscle recovery
- Consists of essential digestive enzymes
- Consists of added sugar
3. MuscleBlaze Whey Gold 100% Whey Protein Isolate
Loaded with rich milk chocolate, this fast-acting whey protein isolate will enhance muscle growth and recovery. One serving of this protein powder can make you feel fuller and satisfied. The powder offers 25g protein in a 30g serving and only 1.65g carb and 0.46g fat. It speeds up the metabolic rate and promotes muscle recovery after the tiring workouts.
- Each serving consists of 10.96g amino acids
- 30g serving consists of 25g pure whey protein isolate
- Enriched with 5.5g BCAA and 4.09g glutamic acid
- Gluten-free product for those who are allergic
- Quick absorbing and digestible powder
- The sugar content of the powder is very high
People who read this also like : 5 Best Casein Protein Supplements for Men
4. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Isolate Whey Protein Powder
If you are concerned about the taste of your protein powder, this vanilla flavoured isolate whey protein powder is the right pick. It delivers 24 grams of whey protein and 1 gram of sugar and fat per serving which makes it an ideal powder for those who are on a strict diet. Plus, it consists of whey protein micro fractions from whey isolates and filtered whey protein concentrate to recover and build muscles.
- Consists of 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs and around 4 grams of glutamic in each serving
- Consists of minimal fat and carbs
- Features ultra-pure hydrolysed whey isolate protein powder
- Offers 80% protein per serving
- 11 grams of amino acids for muscle recovery
- Tastes bitter and feels chalky
5. Muscletech Performance Series Nitrotech Whey Protein Peptides & Isolate
This protein powder offers a lot more than what you may expect from a regular protein powder. The powder is enriched with whey protein peptides and isolates, glutamine, precursor and creatine. It is engineered with a whey protein formula that increases muscle protein synthesis to build muscle size and strength. Plus it works as a great supplement as it’s filled with calcium, sodium, and necessary nutrients.
- Consists of creatine that improves muscle gain and strength
- Increases muscle protein synthesis for better results
- Filled with calcium and whey protein isolate to maximize the results
- Works as a supplement to reduce fatigue
- Leaves a nauseatic taste in the mouth
6. Isopure Low Carb 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder
This is a great protein powder made from amino acids that’ll reduce muscle soreness and fatigue when you are lifting weights or are undergoing a tough strength training session. The chocolate flavoured powder offers of 25g protein in each serving and is gluten, lactose and aspartame free product. Plus, it’s also enriched with glutamine and BCAAs.
- Gluten and lactose-free protein powder
- Offers 25 grams protein in each serving
- Consists of glutamine loaded with BCAAs
- Low carb and zero sugar content for dieters
- Supports muscle health and helps build lean muscle
- Has a salty and unpleasant taste
7. Musclepharm Combat 100% Whey
When it comes to muscle building and strengthening, this protein powder is the best you can get. This ultra-filtered low carb protein supplement delivers 25grams of protein in each serving and promotes muscle growth. It consists of the essential amino acids your body required for the protein-building process and thus, helps maintain or build muscle mass among men easily.
- 100% whey sourced protein powder
- Gluten-free product
- Does not consist of any artificial colors or dyes
- Offers 25grams of protein in each serving
- Contains low sodium content and minimal fat
- May Make the stomach feel bloated and heavy.
8. Muscletech Premium 100% Whey Protein Plus
While looking for a high-impact protein powder, it is essential to look at the list of ingredients and nutrients in the powder. This chocolate flavoured delicious protein powder offers protein and creatine to build lean muscles and boost, muscle growth in men. This whey protein is fast-absorbing and is easy to digest. It also helps boost metabolism and has one of the highest measured biological value of protein sources.
- Consists of whey protein and creatine
- The powder gets quickly absorbed and improves the metabolic rate
- Engineered with multiple filtration technologies to reduce fat and impurities
- Formulated with 100% whey protein for lean muscle
- Provides 20grams protein per serving
- The protein content is less compared to other products
9. Bigmuscles Nutrition Crude Whey
If your goal is to build muscle mass and get lean muscles, here is a protein powder that will help you achieve the goal. This product consists of 80% whey protein concentrate, 24 grams of protein, 4 grams glutamine and 5.5grams of BCAA. This vegetarian protein powder has a delicious chocolate flavour and is free from preservatives or any soy products.
- Chocolate flavoured protein powder
- Offers 24 grams protein preserving
- Free from additives and soy protein
- Also consists of glutamine, BCAA and essential amino acids
- High in maltodextrin
10. Powerus Raw Whey Protein Powder 1Kg
This raw whey protein powder is a powerhouse of protein and is an unflavoured protein supplement that consists of 24grams of protein and has zero sugar content. The powder is great for improving muscle mass, and it enhances muscle recovery after intense workout sessions.
- Unsweetened whey protein concentrate
- Offers 80% protein per serving
- Comes in a reliable and safe package
- Consists of glutamine, protein and BCAA for additional muscle strength
- Does not have any quality certification or proof
These are the best whey protein powders for men who are willing to maximise their workout gains. Before choosing the protein powder, make sure that you look at the ingredients and pick the protein powder that provides more protein and essential nutrients to support muscle growth and flexibility.